Friday, December 28, 2007

Goodbye 2007

They can’t keep a good man down.. Always keep a smile when the y want me u to frown. Keep the vibes and I stood my ground. They will never ever take my crown.
But I’m so solid as a rock.. they just can’t stop me now


A friend remarked today how fast the year went. All 525,600 minutes for you rent fans. I think people say that every year – or I guess there is always more we want to do, things we wished we could do again – or do differently.

I can’t say I am not unhappy to make 2007 history. This has been one of my hardest year. I have been my happiest and saddest. Gained a lot and lost a lot. Found new people, lost people. There were times when I pushed away everyone I care about in my life. It was a growing up experience – sometimes you need to lose everything around you so you can see who you are as a person.

Dust to dust. A whole year has past – it’s December, and I am not sure what I would say I achieved for the year. No accolades in 2007. I didn’t too particularly well in school, sports.. no? No wife.. no baby.. nothing really stands out. I made friends – lost friends – almost lost friends - good times - bad relationships. I mismanaged a lot of thing in my life. It was complicated. I was depressed. I loved, I hated. No offence – but good riddance 2k7.

I approached last year with real hope and anticipation. I was on the verge of graduating (I’m in the same position now), and I saw the coming semester as really a watershed moment. The events and actions of the coming months would really define my life and myself. What now? Am I living in mediocrity and am I by extension a mediocre person?

My new focus is not on actions – or deliverables – just on within. I am 22 years old. I know who I want to be – or more who I don’t want to be. My focus is choice – not chance. My choice is to make life simple. I have not been able to choose my circumstances or situations. I know what I want my response to be. Constancy of purpose – I am what I am. Let me live right and not worry about anything or anyone else. I am not sure where I will be in a few months – but I need to be able to be happy with myself. There were times this year I could not say that. I want a legacy of self – Jarryd is Jarryd.

I am greeting 2008 with a quiet optimism – I see beautiful people and opportunities. I am at peace. I hope to bring and experience happiness. I expect nothing, but promise my best.

Everything is going to be alright. No need to press the panic button.

No comments: